Welcome To A Frealk Production's Blog

How Can I View The Work Easily?

On the left of the page you will see a box titled Pages. Below are the lists of the 7 sections this website is split up in.
Please view our work using this box and NOT from the recent posts on this page.

Also please note that the posts are shown newest to oldest so starting from the bottom of the page would be ideal.

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the process from it to the full product? EVALUATION QUESTION 7

 Our group, which involved 5 people did the preliminary task If I am not mistaking around the end of September, which was just right at the beginning of the year. All of us have learnt so much since then. The amount of information we have learnt, it is outstanding in my opinion. I have learnt, that there is so much more to it than justediting couple of shots together.
  At the beginning of the year we learnt how to use lights and basic things about shot types and how we can apply it to the narrative.

Thursday, 30 September 2010


Todays lesson!

Today we have looked at and experienced with many types of camera shots, lightning and different positions of it. 180degrees rule is also very important thing to remember in order to make the shot work. I have learnt that it is not up to characters and script but it is up to camera position to make the shot seem as you want it to seem! It also changes the mood of the shot. this gave me some experience and made me realise that you have to work hard to get everything done well.

Thursday, 9 September 2010


09/09/10 Second lesson

  Today we have watched a drama scene and analysed the way it has been filmed, the way that lighting has been set up in order to bring out the main character from everything that is going on around them. I also have learnt that body language and clothing the character is wearing does introduce us to characters position in this scene! Either if it is the main character or maybe just a reporter, which in this case was less important character. 
 Important things to look at are:
  •  Camera position
  • Focus
  • Location/ set
  • Lighting ->key light
  •                 ->back light
  •                 ->fill light
  • Body language, eye-line, performance
  • Shot size and angle
  All of these things are used to analyse a scene easier.
 Theese are just posts that I posted on my Media AS blog in order to find out how much I have actually learnt from the  process of making a 2 minute opening sequence with two group mates.
  I went through the process of acting, filming, editing. I experianced with trying out many different shots and how they work with the story that we were trying to tell, in another words the narrative. And also not to forget, creating an opening sequence involved a lot more research than I ever thought. I have learnt how to use an IMac and video editor. I involved in editing the shots, so they flow together and tell the story. Also I was involved in sound editing, which my groupmate Ash did very well. We tried out recording a voice over for our lines, but sadly it worked well only at the moment, when the character simona screams out Ozzy's name. We started off by having 5 minutes of the footage, so we had to cut down two minutes of the visual edit. At first we thought that it is going to be very hard, but at the end it all worked out very well and we ended up having roughly 2 minute opening sequence. 
  As I was acting the role of Simona, I realised that having the wrong facial expression could change the all story and make a wrong impression to the audience, so I had to make sure that the acting suits with the genre, which in our case was social realism.
  Filming the scenes and holding the camera still sometimes was very hard, asspecialy, when we filmed the high angle shot. We had to hold the camera very still, as if it wasn't still, it wouldn't look appropriate.
  Also I have learnt how to work in a group, as we all were sharing the grade for the opening sequence, we tried to spend a lot of time filming it in order to get it right. We all tried our best in order not to bring the rest of the team and crue down.

By: Simona Larka 9575

No comments:

Post a Comment